Friday, December 28, 2012

The Siren of Paris

FREE Kindle Book 

Dec 27th. through Dec 31st.

 

The Siren of Paris

Historical Fiction, Allegorical
by David LeRoy

CLICK HERE to get your FREE Copy

This is a blend of carefully researched historical fiction and a spiritual journey inspired by the Egyptian Book of the Dead. It includes many actual historical figures and events, including Ambassador Bullitt, Sumner Wells, Sylvia Beach, Jacques Lusseyran, and Joan Rodes, known as the Angel of Saint-Nazaire. It is both a realistic novel of a civilian caught in a brutal war, and working with the French resistance, and a story of a man seeking release from a past that never goes away.


A Message from the Author: David LeRoy:

"In writing my first novel, The Siren of Paris, I drew upon my longtime interest in philosophy, the visual arts, myth, storytelling, psychology, and Ocean Liner travel. During a visit to France to study art in the fall of 2010, I became increasingly intrigued by the French Resistance, particularly when my research revealed the role of Americans in the Resistance, as well as the limited means of escape from Europe as the war escalated. I hold a bachelor of arts in philosophy and religion. I am drawn to stories of struggle, resistance, and overcoming incredible odds. My choice of scene creation is absolutely impacted by my visual mind. I pre-visualize the scenes in my mind first, and then use what tools I have through the written word to describe the action."

 Connect with David on Twitter     ...