Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Right-Hearted: Finding What’s Right With a Wrong-Sided Heart

Daniel Wallock-Right Hearted 

Right-Hearted:

Finding What’s Right With a Wrong-Sided Heart

by Daniel Wallock
 

Get Your Copy HERE

 


Right-Hearted: Finding What's Right With A Wrong Sided Heart, is a short memoir about my life-threatening heart conditions and an unforgettable girl. I was born with a broken heart. Literally. My heart is on the right side instead of the left. I was also born with 6 other random congenital heart defects, which have demanded that I undergo dangerous open-heart surgeries since my birth 16 years ago. After my last operation 3 years ago, at barely 14, I was sent away to live so that I would not kill myself. I spent 2 years learning to accept my heart conditions and learning to appreciate my beating heart. The blurry ambulance rides, countless surgeries, metal machines and two years in a Montana therapy school have all contributed to the unique teenager I am today. I never knew anybody who completely understood my unique struggles until that night under the full moon. Standing before the sky I had little idea my next two weeks would be overwhelmed with wild love, lust, confusion, tears and a beautiful girl. She and I would share the stories of our hearts...our right-sided hearts. Right-Hearted: Finding What's Right With A Wrong Sided Heart is the story of two lustful teenagers who together confront their life-threatening conditions and learn to embrace their broken hearts.


Meet The Author: Daniel Wallock

Daniel WallockDaniel has published one book and his writing has appeared in Burningword, Wild Quarterly, Paragraph Planet, ExFic, The Vending Machine Press, and The Bolt Magazine. He's received four writing awards including first place in San Jose State University's Nonfiction Short Story Contest. He also received a Gold Key for nonfiction, the highest regional honor, from Scholastic's Art and Writing Awards. Daniel worked as manager of marketing at Ginosko Literary Journal and he's founder of This Very Breath Journal.  
Connect with Daniel at: http://www.danielwallock.com/books/
 


Memoir / Heart Conditions and Love     ...