Sunday, July 13, 2014

Interview with Inspirational Author -
Glory S. Davis

Glory Davis - pic

 

Interview with Glory S. Davis

Author of:

Sometimes I Look at Sinners:  

A Collection of Short Stories

   

Available on Amazon

     
Glory you have had an amazing career of over 43 years as an educator. During any of that time did you consider any writing projects?  
Yes, off course. I was an English and speech teacher in secondary school. I wrote many skits, plays, and speeches for students. But, I was too busy to do anything professional.
   
When did you realize that there was a writer in you yearning to express herself?  
Near the end of my career, I attended the South Mississippi Writing Project Summer Institute at the University of Southern Mississippi. Because I was complimented and encouraged, I caught the bug there and decided that whenever I got the chance, I would try my hand at it. After retiring, I was so bored that I started writing meditations. From there, I wrote eight stories which I published.

Glory Davis - Book Today we will be discussing your book: Sometimes I Look at Sinners: A Collection of Short Stories. Is this your first published book?
Yes, it is.

What was your inspiration to write this book?
Many people look at America and worry about the economy; I, however, looked at America and worried about man’s separation for God and his propensity to sin. I thought that I would try to do something to put America back on the course toward being the religious country that it was in the beginning… for which it was founded.
   
Tell us what readers can expect to find in: Sometimes I Look at Sinners: A Collection of Short Stories.  
My readers can expect to fine eight delightful stories with religious themes. They can also expect to learn or be reminded of religious truths about honesty, dying, lost hope, deception, fornication, and many other forms of sin.

 What do you hope will be the impact on readers after they read your short stories?
I hope that they will find the lessons presented in a funny and entertaining way. However, I want the readers to take the stories seriously, to recognize and to internalize each of the themes. It is my wish that my stories win souls for Christ.

Do you have your next writing project in the works? If so, can you give us any hints of what comes next?  
I have completed a book of meditations, Outside the Gates of Heaven, which I plan to publish by the end of this year. I have also completed a self-help book, Escape for Mothers of Prisoners. I plan to publish it soon after my second book. After those books are published, I am going to write sequels to several of my stories.
   
What advice would you give to other writers who are in a sense “waiting to retire” to pursue their writing passions?  
I would advise them to read, read, read and read some more. It is also helpful to keep a journal, not only a reflective one, but one in which they record descriptions of people, places, and interesting conversations. The journal will be very helpful, especially when writing fiction. Lastly, I would advise them to learn the business of publishing and of promoting books.
 

Get Your Copy Here

Connect with Glory Here

 


...