Sunday, January 25, 2015

A Day At The Zoo - Free Kid's Book
Showcasing Mixed Race Families

Marvin-Simms-A_Day_At_The_Zoo_With_My_Family-1
 

A Day At The Zoo With My Family

A Charming Book by Marvin Simms  
Celebrating Diversity & Mixed Race Families
 

FREE thru Jan 27th.

Get Your FREE Copy




A day at the zoo with my family is a book depicting an interracial family and their journey to the zoo for a fun family outing. Follow them on this rhythmic journey with all your favorite animals and more. The story was designed for children 0 - 5, but is a fun read for the whole family. Read it for fun time or bed time, either way everyone will enjoy a day at the zoo!



SONY DSCA Message from the author: Marvin Simms

Around the time my daughter was three years old I was reading to her when she blurted out "Daddy! How come our family is never in any of these books?" At that moment I didn't understand what she meant or what she was referring to until she asked the same question again.... I wish I could tell you I had a great philosophical response that I broke down to a 3 year old's understanding. But I didn't, in fact it was exact opposite. I was flustered, the question hit me like a ton of bricks, I knew that one day we would have a conversation about why mommy is a little different than daddy but I certainly did not expect that conversation to happen when she was 3 years old. So instead I told her I would have to find some books that had our family in it and moved onto reading the story....READ MORE... ...